- Show Date: 03/11/2018
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judged by: Cath Moffat Contact Judge
- Published Date: 02/11/2020
Working & Pastoral Breeds Association Of Scotland
THE NEWFOUNDLAND CLUB
SAT 03 NOV 18
Many thanks to the committee for this lovely invitation to officiate at The Newfoundland Club Open Show, I had been really looking forward to this day. I found all temperaments to be sound and webbing in feet as it should be, just encountering a few short tails and some that were overweight. All exhibitors accepted every decision with good grace and it was clear to me you’re a friendly breed to be amongst! Thank you for a lovely day which I thoroughly enjoyed.
1. Leech’s Mileoak Samwell Tarley. Promising male puppy of 10 months with balanced skull, dark eye and kind expression. Lovely angulation all through, sound top-line which he held well both standing and moving, good depth of chest and correct rib, strong bone and substance. Presented in quality coat, he moved effortlessly in all directions and was handled well to bring out his best, BPD.
2. Moir’s Newgraden On Top of the World. Another lovely male of 10 months, a little shorter on the leg than 1, where I also preferred the head shape. Nicely angulated in front and rear with strong bone, good depth of chest and correct shape and length of rib. Moved well with good reach and drive and was presented in immaculate condition.
3. Leitch’s Bluebears Spirit of Dakota (AI). 9 months and not quite ‘together’ on the move as my previous class winners. Masculine, strong head with kind expression but would like less ‘flew’. Strong bone and nicely angulated with good proportions, would just like a little more animation on the move. Presented in good coat and well handled.
1. Hudson/Bone’s Newfangled Bone Idle. 15 month male who presented a pleasing picture both moving and standing. Well angulated throughout with good body proportions. Lovely mascu-line head with strong muzzle, dark eye and pigment. Very steady on the move, he showed good extension and drive.
2. Springthorpe’s Millthorpe Mr Rochester JW. Beautifully presented male of 15 months who I have admired over the last year. Masculine, strong head with the most gorgeous expression. Lovely angulation in front and rear with correct body proportions. Good depth and spring of rib and in immaculate coat. Today, he was just totally uncooperative with his handler which showed in his movement. Otherwise, a lovely example of his breed.
1. Leech’s Mileoak Samwell Tarley.
2. Moir’s Newgradens Will I Am. Male of 18 months shown in excellent coat. Kind head with lovely expression but just slightly overdone for me. Nicely angulated throughout with good top-line, pleasing depth of chest with correct shape and length of rib. When settled he showed some steady movement. Presented in good coat.
1. Moir/Main’s Newgradens Chariboo JW ShCM. Masculine dog, just shy of 2 years. Balanced skull with lovely expression, dark eye and good pigment. Full of substance with good bone, he painted a pleasing picture standing, sound well-muscled top-line. Would like to see a little more extension and drive on the move, his good angulation and proportions suggested he could move better. Well presented in excellent coat.
2. Hilton’s Spirebear Duke of Destiny. 3 year old male with lovely temperament. Kind head and expression with dark eye, just slightly overdone for me. Not as well angulated as 1 but he showed some steady, positive movement when settled. Presented in good coat and handled well.
1. Dickson’s Zentaur Der Kapitän Wisperedomen JW ShCM. This 2 year old male paints a lovely picture both standing and moving. Lovely, masculine head with kind expression and dark eye. Good depth and shape of rib and well angulated throughout, excellent top-line standing and moving. If I was splitting hairs I would like this dog a shade shorter but this doesn’t detract from his effortless movement. Presented and handled to perfection, RBD.
1. Wagner’s Vivaldibears Diplomat. Lovely 3 year old male of good type. Excellent angulation to front and rear with strong bone and good depth of chest. Masculine, kind head with dark eye, strong muzzle and dark pigment. Strong, muscular top-line which he held well moving and standing, correct proportions and excellent muscle tone. Moved well in all directions and pre-sented in excellent coat, BD, RBIS, BOS.
2. Leitch’s Seafar Last Tango in Paris JW ShCM. 5 year old dog who I felt was a little out of con-dition. Strong, masculine head but a little too much wrinkle over the muzzle. Angulation was good and he held a strong top-line moving and standing. Strong bone with deep chest, good depth and shape to rib. Showed some steady movement when settled into his stride.
3. Geddes’ Tartanbug Nae Bother from Vivaldibears. 6 year old dog with pleasing temperament and kind head. Would have liked better angulation front and rear to give a better outline both standing and moving. Good depth of chest with strong bone. Presented in good coat but too much white on his tail and toes.
1. Leitch’s Seafar Last Tango in Paris JW ShCM.
1. McPhail’s Spirebear Golden Barley. Pleasing brown male of 3 years. Masculine head although would like a tighter lip. Nicely angulated all through with good top-line. Would like a tidier front action but once settled showed some decent reach and drive. Good depth of chest and correct rib. Presented in fairly fit condition and handled well.
1. Pallett’s Sandbears You’re Only Jello. Pretty bitch of 11 months who presented a lovely outline both standing and moving. Very feminine head with appealing expression and dark eye. Love-ly angulation front and rear with correct shape and depth of rib, good bone. Moved very steadily on the move showing some lovely extension and drive from a well-muscled rear. Immacuately presented in excellent coat, BPB, BPIS.
2. Leech’s Mileoak Stansa Stark. Preferred the head of 1 but a promising young bitch of 10 months with lots to like. Nicely angulated all through with correct body proportions. Lovely feminine head with kind expression and dark eye. Moved well in all directions and presented in quality coat.
3. Angus’ Talisbay The Princess. 9 months with kind head and expression. Nicely angulated in front and rear although I would like a little more bone. Good top-line which she held well but just not quite the fluid movement of 1 and 2. Presented in excellent coat and handled well.
JB; Felt spoilt for choice in this class which was headed by 3 lovely girls.
1. Farrar’s Disoranto Juliana Blue at Darkpeak (imp POL). Beautifully presented bitch of 14 months. Feminine head with appealing expression and dark eye. Well angulated all through with correct body proportions. Strong bone with deep chest and correct length and shape to rib. Moved effortlessly in all directions and for me, an easy winner of this class. I believe this gave her the final point towards her JW, well done, RBB.
2. Cameron’s Camnoire Final Verdict. Another lovely bitch of 17 months who was equally pre-sented in excellent condition. Feminine, balanced head with kind expression and dark eye. Good angulation front and rear, depth of chest and good rib, correct body proportions and well muscled. She moved well in all directions.
3. McIntyre’s Camnoire Fizik for Edbear. Lovely bitch of 17 months with feminine but strong head. Lovely angulation and strong, well muscled top-line which she held soundly both moving and standing. Good depth of chest with correct shape and length of rib, she moved effortlessly in all directions. Presented in beautiful condition and handled well.
1. Farrar’s Disoranto Juliana Blue at Darkpeak (imp POL).
2. Leech’s Mileoak Stansa Stark.
1. Farrar’s Disoranto Juliana Blue at Darkpeak (imp POL).
1. Black’s Camnoire Crush Blackcoast JW ShCM. Well presented bitch of 2½ years who ap-pealed for femininity. Expressive head with dark eye, strong muzzle and good pigment. Well angulated all through with correct body proportions and strong, well-muscled top-line. Bal-anced and effortless on the move, she presented a lovely outline standing and moving. Cur-rently a little out of coat but presented in celan, fit condition.
2. Chapple’s Femme Fatal Bear Mountain at Peakcharm (imp CZE). Another nicely angulated bitch of 2 years. Appealing feminine head with kind expression and dark eye. Good depth of chest and correct body proportions, she presented a pleasing picture standing. Today she was carrying just a little too much weight which affected her movement. Presented and handled well.
3. Main’s Newgraden’s Bootylicious ShCM. 5 year old brown bitch, another who I felt was carry-ing a little too much weight. Feminine and balanced head with kind expression. Strong bone and good depth of chest, correct body proportions. Pleasing temperament, she moved well enough when settled into her stride.
1. Leech’s Nandobears Happy Heart and Soul (imp GER). Beautifully presented bitch of 3½ years who was clearly enthusiastic about the task in hand. Very feminine but strong head with gor-geous expression, lovely angulation all through with correct body proportions and sound top-line which she held well standing and moving. Well muscled and fit, this bitch really caught my eye for quality. Moved effortlessly and keenly in all directions and was presented in immacu-late condition, pleased to award this girl BB, Best Black and ultimately BIS.
2. Lindley’s Sensitivity Bliss Nikita at Lindgreave (imp POL) ShCM. Another lovely bitch of 4 years with good angulation and presented in excellent coat. Feminine, balanced head with kind expression and strong muzzle. Correct body proportions, with strength in her top-line and rear, showed in her fluid movement. Well handled to bring out her best.
3. Ball’s Ch. Newgraden’s Llori Nanya JW ShCM. 4 year old bitch presented in well-muscled and fit condition. Feminine head with pleasing expression, balanced in skull with strong muzzle. Well angulated throughout with good top-line. Good depth in chest but would like a little more spring in rib. Moved well in all directions effortlessly, a little out of coat today, Best Brown.
1. Kleinman’s Souterbear Basque Whaler. Lovely veteran girl of 8 years with an impeccable tem-perament. Balanced, feminine head with kind expression and dark eye. Nicely angulated in front and rear with good muscle. Sound top-line which she held well moving and standing. Presented in excellent condition, BVB, BVIS.
1. Main’s Newgraden’s Bootylicious ShCM.
Sp OW/B B
1. Groves’ Ch. Bridgestone Footjoy JW. Lovely w/b bitch of 7 years who moved soundly and steadily. Lovely feminine and well balanced head with strong muzzle and kind expression. Beautifully angulated all through with correct body proportions. Presented in beautiful coat, she was just lacking a little animation on the move today, Best W/B.