- Date: 22/03/2015
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Samantha Webster Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
Bridgwater & District Canine Society
Thank you to the society for this opportunity and to all who entered.
Junior Dog or Bitch (5, 1 abs)
1. Mitchell & Wright’s Huntshill Starstruck – 10 month old tri bitch of good substance. Quality bitch, longer cast but still balanced. Pleasing head and expression with a long neck leading into a level topline. Correct bite. Well laid back shoulder and good length of upper arm. Lovely depth of chest and pasterns short. Stifles well bent and good tail set. Sound coming and going and moved around the ring with reach and drive. Just lacked that sparkle her mother had in the BOB challenge BP
2. Anthony’s Ospreagle Cwm Wot Mai– Feminine 12 month old tri bitch. Another lovely girl with the sweetest of expressions and a compact outline. Well ribbed and muscled. Correct tailset. Well angulated fore and aft which she used well and moved lovely in profile but felt that 1 had a tidier front.
3. Barrow’s Meganjin Skelmorlie
Post Graduate Dog or Bitch (6, 1abs)
1. Mitchell & Wright’s Huntshill Starstruck
2. Anthony’s Ospreagle Cwm Wot Mai
3. Sweetwells Spick and Span at Ospreagle
Open Dog or Bitch (4, 1 abs)
1. Mitchell & Wright’s Barrvale Ursa Minor for Huntshill Sh.CM – Tri bitch of nearly 3 years of age. Presented a lovely outline and didn’t disappoint when going over her. Lovely soft expression and good leathers. Correct bite. Topline straight and level. Well-made forehand with laid back shoulder, good length of upper arm and nicely angulated rear quarters allowing her to move freely with reach and drive around the ring. Parallel coming and going. BOB
2. Anthony’s Ospreagle Hot Diggitty Dawg JW – 2 year old male and a more open marked Tri. Masculine boy with good head and leathers. Correct bite. Long neck and well placed shoulders. Short coupled and well ribbed. Level topline and well-muscled. Stifles well bent and parallel hocks. Sound on the move in all directions. Just preferred the tighter feet of 1.
3. Barrow’s Milliekai Phoenix at Meganjin
JHA 12 – 16 years (3, 1abs)
1. Chloe Beacham – Handling a Golden Retriever. Chloe was a competent handler who completed all patterns correctly, was aware of my movements and shadowed them perfectly. Moved at the correct pace for her dog, controlling and encouraging him at all times. I felt a lovely bond between them which is always a pleasure to see. Well done!
2. Amy Jeffery – Handling a Pointer. Another good handler that completed the patterns correctly and neatly. She moved at the correct pace for her dog and showed his teeth well. However she didn’t quite start from my feet on the first pattern and felt she could have encouraged her dog a little more. But otherwise a good performance, well done!
Adult Handling 17 – 45 years
1. Amanda Carter – Handling an Ibizan Hound. A smart handling who presented her dog well with no fuss. Shadowed my movements and moved her dog at the correct speed around the ring. Performed patterns neatly and correctly. Well done!
2. Rena Barrow – Handling a Beagle. Another smart handler who completed all patterns neatly and correctly. Showed her teeth well and shadowed my movements correctly. Just needed to encourage her dog to keep her head up on the move. But otherwise a good performance, well done!
Adult Handling 45 years +
1. Sheila Lane – Handling a Havanese. Calm hander who presented her dog well. Completed the patterns correct with tight corners shadowed my movements correctly. Moved at the correct pace for her dog and showed his bite correctly. Just slightly out of line on the up and down but otherwise a great performance, well done!
2. Patricia Franklin – Handling a Newfoundland. A good handler that presented her dog well with no fuss. Moved him well completing correct and neat patterns which was very good with such a big dog. Was aware of my movements at all times. Didn’t quite start from my feet before moving off but otherwise a good performance, well done!