- Date: 07/11/2010
- Show Type: Open/Limited/Sanction
- Judge: Sara Lamont Contact Judge
- Published Date: 05/11/2018
Plymouth, Devon & Cornwall Bulldog Club
Thank you to the officers and committee asking me to judge this show, and for their kind hospitality and gifts. My only comment, once again, is on grooming standards. A short coated breed isn’t difficult to keep clean and tidy. Many would have benefited from a good brush to clean the coat, strip the dead fur and simulate some natural oils to improve coat quality. I also observed dirty nose rolls and wet facial wrinkles. Poor grooming really can leave a bad impression. Other then that, I was very happy with the quality of the dogs exhibited today, and all principle winners were groomed to a very good standard.
Veteran Dog/Bitch (3,2abs)
1. Fridlington’s Theoben Toffee Plum at Albertwood, 9.5yr R&W pied. Handsome veteran that looks good for his age and still moves well in the ring. Broad flat skull with super width of jaw. Well boned with well toned body for age. Well ribbed and dropped brisket provides an appealing overall body shape and topline.
Minor Puppy Dog (1,0abs)
1. Jones’ Saintgeorges Flash Harry of Bandapart, nearly 9mths R&W. A beautiful unexaggerated balanced puppy dog. Stood alone in this class but shone in the challenge. Standard in every sense of the word including height, shape and size. Even though only 8mths he has a suitably worked skull of the correct brick shape. Dark well pigmented eyes add to his sour expression. Well boned, straight front leading to tight paws with short nails. Compact and shapely body that’s short coupled, finished with a correctly set tail of ideal length. On the move he keeps his shape and topline perfectly, correctly walking his width. I couldn’t deny him BIS & BPIS. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go on to bigger things.
Puppy Dog (2,2abs)
Junior Dog (0)
Novice Dog (0)
Post Graduate Dog (2,0abs)
1. Fridlington’s Dancing Carrumba at Albertwood, Ticked white dog with super width and upsweep of jaw. Good strong front with compact paws and short nails. Good reach of neck with a well developed chest and good rib, narrowing correctly to the loin. Good tail that was correctly set. Moved well.
2. McIntosh’s Incredabull Good Fella, Excited R&W of standard size. Appealing expression due to dark eyes. Good reach of neck and well ribbed.
Limit Dog (5,1abs)
1. Connor’s Jays Dream Nelson at Herricon, Large, short bodied and compact F/W. Broad flat skull with fine wrinkling and correctly set ears. Good length of neck and well ribbed, with sufficient bone. Moved well and to his width. His length of back, depth of body and maturity won him RBIS.
2. Dauphin-Simmons’ Sendian Asterix standard sized handsome R/W with good width of foreface and rounded cheeks. Powerful front due to strong bone, with stout straight forearms to strong pasterns and compact well knuckled feet. Good body shape and good length of tail.
3. Knuckly & Handley’s Sumo Warrior
Open Dog (1,0abs)
1. Fridlington’s Theoben Master Piece at Albertwood, 6.5yrs old R/W. Broad flat skull that was finely wrinkled. Sufficient bone with good width of chest. In hard condition providing a shapely body. Moved ok.
Minor Puppy Bitch (4,2abs)
1. Dangerfield’s Hillplace Florence of Bullfleet, Br&W 8mth old. Beautiful quality head with no coarseness. Correct rose ears, clear dark eye, open nostrils and correct nose position providing correct layback. Lovely upsweep of jaw providing a very sour expression for such a young girl. Sufficient bone to tidy feet. Has the perfect mobile tail that is carried correctly. Moved with ease and well deserved BOS.
2. Graham’s Hillplace Millie litter sister to 1 and has many similar attributes. Another well built skull, with dark clear eyes. Good reach of neck, short bodied but she’s very lean which meant she lacked overall substance and balance.
Puppy Bitch (3,3abs)
Junior Bitch (2,1abs)
1. Dauphin-Simmons’ Senidan Golden Prospect, This R/W pushed hard for RBB and only lost out due to maturity. Well worked skull with correctly set and shaped ears, dark eyes and split nose roll. Good width of foreface, and upsweep and width of jaw. Good length of neck, well laid shoulders, sufficient bone to tight paws. Shapely body with correct topline, tailset and length.
Novice Bitch (3,2abs)
1. Silk & Jackson’s Stumylicious Sugarplum, Standard sized stocky bitch. Short coupled with good rib. Well divided flat skull with clear dark eyes. Moved ok.
Post Graduate Bitch (2,1abs)
1. McIntosh’s Endhouse Angels, R/W 18mth well built bitch. Well divided flat skull, good eye setting but ears a little high. Ok bone but feet spoilt by long nails. Well developed chest and brisket with barrelled rib. Ok topline and tail.
Limit Bitch (3,3abs)
Open Bitch (2,1abs)
1. Fridlington’s Davembull Next Symphony at Albertwood, White with Fawn head markings. Classic feminine head. Well developed chest and rib. Well laid shoulders with sufficient bone to neat feet. Short bodied with ok topline. Condition too soft for me, loosing her body shape, but she moved with purpose covering the floor well. RBB.
Judge: Sara Lamont