- Date: 09/10/2016
- Show Type: Championship Show
- Judge: Judith Collie Contact Judge
- Published Date: 07/04/2019
East Midland Bulldog Club
I was delighted to accept this judging appointment and want to take a moment to thank you all for making it such a wonderful experience for me.
The venue was perfect, my accommodation and meals were first class as was my very able chauffer, and my ring stewards who kept both myself and the show running smoothly.
I would most of all like to thank the committee for inviting me to judge your show and all the exhibitors who entered their dogs and accepted my placing’s so graciously.
As you all know, beauty is only skin deep, that is of course unless you are judging Bulldogs. For a Bulldog has a personality all of it’s own and is a lot more than just “SKIN DEEP”.
Overall, health, temperament, conformation, balance, condition and movement were very evident on the day and great to see all the stars of the future in the puppy classes.
Veteran Dog (2,2A)
Minor Puppy Dog (5,3A)
1. Davis Mr N. Milasha No Retreat Ocobo. 7mts, a very promising puppy, lovely brick head, neat ear, dark eye, wide nostrils, true jaw with lovely up-sweep and expression, square front with straight bone to good feet, good depth of chest, neat tuck-up, good tail, good angulation, walked his width with purpose. One to watch!
2. Forryan Mr S & Mrs L. He’s Drake Kenolan. 7mts, another promising youngster, good head shape, clear eye, good foreface and expression, body shape good, moved soundly.
Puppy Dog (7,3A)
1. Manders Mr P & Mrs C. Erimusbulls Mannion. 12mts. Another youngster showing great promise. Typical brick head, clear dark eye, wide nostrils, true jaw and sweep, good front to neat feet, walked his width and moved soundly.
2. Livingstone Mr J & Mrs S. Wencar Red Chance At Jacobella. Promising boy, different type to 1 with good head qualities, good jaw, longer in body with good overall shape, sound on the move.
3. Ghent Miss V E. Bollinger Snoopy Blue At Danickies.
Junior Dog (5,1A)
1. Lee Mr & Mrs S. Milasha Preacher Mystyle. Well grown boy with great head qualities, flat skull, fine wrinkle, dark eye, true jaw, good foreface and expression, well angulated with smooth and balanced movement.
2. Hodgkinson Mr D. Bullpei Ray Donovan. Good head qualities with good expression, square front, needs to come on in depth of chest, body shape good and moved soundly.
3. Ghent Miss V E. Bollinger Snoopy Blue At Danickies
Yearling Dog (7,3A)
1. Eaton Mrs V & Mr R. Ricatori Prime Time. Strong headed dog with good ear placement, good width of jaw, straight bone to good feet, good tuck-up, neat tail. Moved well.
2. Pickering Mrs S & Mr B. FR CH Happy And Glorious Hennessy. Strong head qualities with clear dark eye, good jaw and up-sweep, good angulation, moved well.
3. Parker Mrs C & Mr S. Albionpride A Kind Of Magic.
Novice Dog (2,1A)
1. Pannifer Ms Y. Rospaw Betcha By Golly Wow. Good head Qualities with correct ear placement, dark eye, enough nostril, good jaw, good bone and feet, movement a bit slow on the day.
Post-Graduate Dog (8,3A)
1. Bannister Mr & Mrs A & C. Andlare Everhard. Noticed this young boy at Belfast, real quality, strong in head with flat skull, dark eye, wide nostrils, correct jaw with super up-sweep, plenty of foreface with great expression, well off for bone and angulation, balanced, effortless sound movement. Very pleased to award him the CC & BIS.
2. Hopkins & Rennebach Miss J L & Mr C R A. Voyage Red Of Renikkho. Solid red dog with good head, neat ears, dark eye to good jaw neat front to good feet, moved soundly.
3. Archer Mrs F. Michell V’T Patdana Home At Terralynda.
Limit Dog (9,4A)
1. Davis & Bishoprick Mr K & Mrs D. Ryvonlou Freedom Fighter Mystyle. Another quality dog, correct head, flat skull, dark eye, wide nostrils, true jaw with good up-sweep, pleasing foreface and expression, well balanced with sound movement.
2. Martin Mr R & Mrs L A. Calibra Chichester. Quality dog with good head, ear and eye, good width of jaw, straight bone and good body shape, moved well.
3. Winter Mr S. Silobull Keep Calm N Carry On.
Open Dog (9,3A)
1. Seal Mr & Mrs P & H. CH Sealaville He’s Tyler. Strong head and straight bone, dark eye, open nostrils, true jaw with good up-sweep, nicely shaped and balanced body, fluid movement. Pushed hard for the CC, but I preferred head of my CC winner, very pleased to award RCC & RBIS.
2. Simpson Mrs E. Valleybulls Cross Country To Jackarhys. Standard sized with good head, overall shape of body good and balanced, dark eye, good jaw, well barrelled rib, good feet with sound movement.
3. Eaton Mrs V & Mr R. Ricatori Roman King.
Veteran Bitch (1)
1. Pannifer Ms Y. Melafella Red Perry At Rospaw. 7yr old red & white, very feminine with good head qualities, good overall shape and balance, enough jaw, good depth of brisket, sound in movement. Best Veteran.
Minor Puppy Bitch (6,1A)
1. Dearlove Mrs S & Mr J. Margobull Miss Dior Cherie For Ryjarlow. Good overall body balance, decent topline, good angulation and neat feet, in good condition, moved well.
2. Davies Mr & Mrs P W. Kismond Polynesian Sunset. Another quality bitch with a good head and expression, nice topline, enough tail, movement not as good as 1st.
3. Tudor Mr C. Francis Kray Onassis Girl Of Gambinobull.
Puppy Bitch (10,6A)
1. Davis & Bishoprick Mr K Mrs D. Wembholt White Rose Mystyle. Lovely quality Puppy with correct head and ear placement, ample foreface and expression, true jaw and up-sweep, good topline and depth of brisket, well angulated with lovely sound movement. Very pleased to award her BPIS. One to watch!
2. Hanley Miss S E. Redworc Pretty Perfect As Blenhiemstar. Standard sized r&w with good head qualities, dark eye, enough nostril, good jaw, and good neck to good feet moved well.
3. Ingamells Miss C L. Mellowmood Strike A Pose For Chelajay.
Junior Bitch (13,5A)
1. Martin Mr R & Mrs L A. Calibra Clemintine. Quality bitch with good brick head, dark eye, good foreface and good width of jaw, well balanced body, good rib and moved soundly.
2. Mc Munn & Griffiths Mr R & Mrs S. Goodbull Rita Ora. Good head qualities, enough neck, square front with straight bone, enough tail and moved well.
3. Saxon Mr A & Mrs S L. Bagibeli Queen Of Hearts.
Yearling Bitch (7,1A)
1. Archer Mrs F. Florancewood Angel Of Peace For Britbull. Standard size with good head and dark eye, good underjaw, well boned and balanced, moved very well.
2. Simpson Mrs E. Jackarhys Bittersweet. Quality bitch, flat skull with dark eye, good nostrils and jaw, well ribbed, movement not as smooth as first on the day.
3. Davies Mr & Mrs P W. Kismond Celtic Sunset.
Novice Bitch (6)
1. Davies Mr & Mrs P W. Gabalfabull Indiana Kismond. Strong bitch with correct brick head, dark eye, enough nostril and foreface, good jaw and neck, nice pear shape and well ribbed. Movement very sound.
2. Manders Mr P & Mrs C. Erimusbulls Ms Greta Garbo. Also strong head with correct ear, eye and jaw, good balance overall moved well.
3. Martin Mr R & Mrs L A. Calibra Pretty Woman.
Post-Graduate Bitch (2)
1. Takarangi Mrs K & Mr A. Ruakuri Tears From Heaven. Standard size with good head, neat thin ears, good nostrils, good jaw and up-sweep, enough neck to good front, good width and depth of chest, well ribbed and angulated, moved well.
2. Rolinson Miss L. Joyjans Surprise Packet. Carrying a bit too much weight but otherwise overall in proportion and balance, good head qualities, would move so much better with less weight.
Limit Bitch (15,5A)
1. Freeman Mrs P. Kesupa Like a Lady At Testwood. Presented in lovely condition, brick head, flat skull, good eye, nostril and jaw, good foreface expression, ample bone with lovely barrel, good angulation, sound and free on the move.
2. Hanley Miss S E. Ragmarte Lilly Pad As Blenhiemstar. Also in lovely condition, feminine correct head, very similar to 1 with enough tail and less free on the move.
3. Davies Mr & Mrs P W. Shiloh Disco Dancer.
Open Bitch (11,3A)
1. Hanley Miss S E. CH Scribble Pip As Blenhiemstar. Loved the head quality on this girl, darkest eye, wide nostrils, ample foreface and expression, correct jaw with lovely up-sweep, enough neck to straight front, good depth of chest, well ribbed and angulated, moved with balance and soundness, very pleased to award her CC & BOS.
2. Freshney Mrs C A. CH Bullenca Firecracker. Another quality girl, different type to 1 but with strong head qualities also, well-shaped and balanced body, movement on the day not as fluid as 1.
3. Davis Mr K. Meljane Coconut Ice Mystyle.